Landscaping

Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Mantel Decor

With our own mantel decor revamp underway for summer, I thought I'd share some of the mantels that inspired me to make a change. Maybe it's the fact that we've lived in a state with minimal sunshine for several years, but I am really loving the bright whites lately...and the less cluttered, the better. The older I get, the less stuff I want to have to deal with!

Minimal and perfect:



I'd probably choose a painting that had a bit more color to it, but it would be easy and inexpensive to recreate this mossy/beachy look:

                                   Source: simplifiedbee.blogspot.com via Erin on Pinterest 

I absolutely love this...so simple and traditional, but if you look closely, there is a bright yellow Buddha perched to the right of the mirror. I would have never thought of stacking hardcover books inside of a fireplace, but they've pulled it off beautifully:


Source: apartmenttherapy.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Do you see the blue swirl vases to the right? You can read Centsational Girl's tutorial for those here
Can't wait to try it with some of the old glassware we have laying around! 


Source: centsationalgirl.com via Rebecca on Pinterest

We should have pics of our own mantel to show off soon. And the best part? It cost us less than 15 bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment