Landscaping

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Free and Awesome Art Printables

Found the coolest thing on Thrifty Decor Chick's blog this morning...Free printable art AND it's actually good stuff! It's the New York Public Library's Digital Collection and you can print it absolutely free. My Dad collects military art and my husband and I have started, too. We are a bit of a military family :) We've been looking to expand our collection, though. We only have two pieces: an Italian swordsman and a lineup of Revolutionary soldiers. We've never hung them, because at their respective sizes, they really need to be part of a grouping and we have nothing to group them with. Check out what I found:

Love this one of a military parade:

[Military parade.] Digital ID: 92461. New York Public Library

Here's a very old school recruiter...doesn't he just look shifty?! Some things never change:

A recruiting agent. Digital ID: 824579. New York Public Library

You get the idea. I'm also thinking these would make stellar inexpensive Christmas presents. My Dad has a particular fondness for Civil War era history. I think he'd flip over General Grant's horse:

General Grant and his horse. Digital ID: 437493. New York Public Library

Go here to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment