Landscaping

Monday, January 16, 2012

Finished- My 2012 Word of the Year.


Layla's Word of the Year really got me thinking about what I want 2012 to be like and what one word would sum that up. For me it's "finished," particularly as it relates to the saying above which I stole from a friend's Pinterest board. It means finishing our house, inside and out and being able to enjoy the results of our hard work.

I obsess obsessively. We waited for months after we were ready to remodel our kitchen because I could not decide what color to stain the cabinets. Once I did decide, I still needed to pick the counter tops, which took me an embarrassing long time. And then, I changed my mind. And then I changed it again.

We're still working on the kitchen, but we FINISHED! the master bath and made the vanity below from an old sideboard. Here's a teaser...if you'd like to check out the whole process, you can click here:


 I think I obsess because I want our home to be perfect. But the imperfections in our 1920's home are precisely the reasons why it is the perfect house for us. This year, "finished" is going to be better than "perfect."

Linking with the lettered cottage...check it out!



The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment